Saturday, April 25, 2015

Year of Jewelry- Week 17- Embrace Nature

I used salmon colored glass leaves to make the focal for this necklace, and it does embrace nature! I love the earthy tones of the ceramic and glass beads. I love this combination! I love this melon colored ceramic paired with silver and the deep, rich turquoise color mixed with the salmon color of the glass... simply spectacular colors together!
 I used the silver beads to separate the round ceramic beads and to add a bit of neutral to the piece,because if I had used the blue, it would have ended up looking pretty heavy... and with the glass leaves, I wanted this layer of the necklace to look light...the second layer is made with a Right Angle Weave (RAW) with a silver round bead in the center for a bit of sparkle without being too shiny... the third row is 11/0 seed bead in the deep turquoise color fading into silver 11/0 seeds, done in a peyote stitch with a glass leaf in the center.
The necklace is finished with a silver plated clasp.
To me, this is piece embraces nature in the most sincere form of impressionism.

and these roses are from my garden... Embracing Nature in it's finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to, leave a message and tell me what you thought of the post.