Saturday, July 11, 2015

Week 28 - Beach, Sun, Water!

This is my interpretation of "Beach, Sun, Water!"
I've been experimenting for a few years with underwater themes, waves and using different, natural items in my jewelry, I kind of like the use of real shells, real natural stones, and seaglass, I have even used sand brought home from different places I have visited, like from Normandy, the Firth of Forth, Mississippi coast, White Sands, and I can safely say... I have so many vials of sand that I can do maybe 20 more without repeating a single visit!

Bead embroidery done with 15/0; 11/0; 10/0; 8/0; 6/0 seed beads; bugle beads; 4-8 mm round crystal pearls; 4-6mm crystal bicones; 6mm crystal; stones; seashells, Polymer "Seaglass"  and a crab pendant.
The 'chain' part of the necklace is random glass beads and stone and a modified right angle weave also, the clasp is made from a silver plated connector and a sterling silver shaped wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to, leave a message and tell me what you thought of the post.