Saturday, February 21, 2015

Year of Jewelry- Week 8- Ram, Lamb, Ewe



Year of Jewelry- Week 8- Ram, Lamb, Ewe
Um, yeah...

I don't do lambs, but i love them, so cute and cuddly. My brother, the rancher used to raise cattle, but also sheep... I know, usually people that have cattle abhor people that have sheep... I guess it goes back to the grazing and over grazing back in the old days. Now, they are pretty compatible? I don't know, but his father-in-law was already in the business, and my brother kind of eased into it. There's nothing like the smell of a baby lamb... but I don't do lambs...

OK, I just didn’t get this weeks Year of Jewelry entry. I don’t necessarily like sheep.  OK , I admit I do like lambs, and I do get excited over wool… especially when it is sheering season and there is an abundance of raw wool in the area… it is nice to even glean the wool from fences, brush, and what is caught in the stalls when they are sheering… but… just sheep doesn’t get me excited to even think of jewelry…
So, it would be wool or, well, nothing.
This is one of those challenges that I don’t really get excited about! I suppose I should, but when I do wool, it is a sweater, a sock, or well… sometimes a felted purse. Aha! A felted piece?
Yes, I can do that.  I can do felted work, I had some black felted wool, and I happen to have some pretty wool that I dyed myself, to use in something way different I also used some shapes that I bought, felted them to the background,added some beads, sequins and a woven beaded 'chain' and …
Well, here you go, TADAAAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to, leave a message and tell me what you thought of the post.