Saturday, January 10, 2015

Week Two- Garnets

Week two of the Year of Jewelry Project and the theme is Garnets.
The Garnet is the birthstone for the month of January, so it is very appropriate for the theme. My mother's birthday is this month, and as her birthstone, I thought I'd make something for her... and as it is her 90th birthday, it would be nice for her to have garnets... but...
I didn't have luck getting them in on time. I had to order and of course, they haven't come in yet. Sooo.... I decided to use some of the leftover beads (yes, I still had a few leftovers) so I incorporated them into the necklace for this week. There are also some brass beads that I cut myself, along with the pendant that I pierced and sawed out of copper and fire painted. It is a knotted bird that I rather like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to, leave a message and tell me what you thought of the post.