Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week 31 - Birthstone of the Month: Peridot

OK, this is getting embarrassing, I didn't do the theme again...
here is what I have for this week, I kind of like it, though I made it with bought materials, I mean the chain and the head pins and the beads,and the spacers...
I know a lot of people complain when a person makes a necklace out of store bought items... Some will say this is not being a jeweler. That's ok... I wanted uniform, and I like the idea of working fast. I figure that is why they made the machine to make the links on a chain... fast... and why on earth would you want to make a chain when you can buy them?
I don't find this to be "cheating"
I find this as being creative.
I saw a necklace something like this somewhere, I don't know where, or  if it was an old design, or who made the first version of it, I think it is kind of reminiscent of those old crystal necklaces that my mother wore, but just a little more hip. 
lol... ok, here goes...
I used three sizes of gold chain, charlottes in 6/0; 10mm faceted teardrop crystals, rhinestone spacers, 4mm faceted crystal bicones

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to, leave a message and tell me what you thought of the post.